Monday, June 21, 2010

The best medicine of all...

I am overcome with, I don't know with what!? Words, words won't come to me. I am overwhelmed with incredible feelings of gratitude, with a feeling of healing warmth, and with the feeling that I have been blessed beyond my comprehension and perhaps beyond my worthiness.

I am not sure why I started this blog. I liked playing around with the templates and all at first. I loved being able to read all of the blogs I found while poking around. I could relate so closely with so much of what was written. I decided to try writing a page myself... and along came Rose...who introduced me to Lynn-Marie and Miss Dogkisses. And, I found Jolene, Tamiko, and Naddya. What a huge, huge blessing you have all been to me. I honestly can't begin to thank you enough for all of your kind, uplifting words to me personally and for your sharing of yourselves with all of us who have been fortunate enough to have found your pages.

This is an incredible collection of women who are willing to share their lives, their experiences both positive and negative, their very souls, to others struggling with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, and many, many other forms of chronic illness. I have gained great insight from these writings and have developed great friendships with these ladies.

I am in awe to be included in a listing of blogs by Jolene, aka gracefulagony. Please visit her blog at gracefulagony.wordpress.com. She lists fifteen blogs that she recommends be checked out. I would list them on my blog, but I haven't figured out how to embed a website on my blog yet(!!). Such a newbie! Anyway, I have read several and they are all so different and informative and worth a read!

So, in case you haven't guessed it by now, YOU are the best medicine! All of you wonderful, kind, and supportive friends who cheer me on and commiserate with me. I could not make it thru some days without you. I wish I was as disciplined as many of you are about writing your blog each day. I know it would help me on days I am really down if I would get on my computer and at least read for awhile. I am always moved and often get a chuckle from someone's blog. Thank you fellow bloggers for all that you do to help so many. I am happy to think I have helped someone, too.

Hugs,
me,
CJ

9 comments:

  1. (((((CJ))))))
    Thanks so much for the shout out! You are such a sweetheart, and I am so happy to have 'found' you here in this amazing online community, and honored to call you 'friend'.
    XOXOXO
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts put into words, your presence here, your generous nature are treasures for all.

    I really love the image you chose for this site, it conveys so much, the battering, the standing in spite of it...so much. "And I can not swim. Not in this." Ahhh...but you are :)

    "No, I sure did not choose this." Nope, you didn't, but you're helping others who live it too - that matters very, very much.

    Gratefully,
    hiddenlives

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Jolene and Miss Hiddenlives,
    Thank you both, so very much, for commenting on my page. What a gift! And, I can come back over and over and relish your kind, sensitive, and thoughtful words whenever I want/need to! What a gift! What a priceless gift!

    Thank you,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put your heart and soul into this blog and it comes through every word your write. You are a true sister and I am so glad we're friends. You're one in a million, dear one!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose,
    I don't know what to say. "Thank you" is not nearly enough. You have supported and encouraged me from the beginning (not so long ago!)and have brought me such cherished friends. You are my "maintenance dose" to sustain me through these awful flares and devastating exhaustion. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me think. And, always, you show you care.

    Thank you, dear friend,

    me,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have know idea, (but then again you do)how much you mean to me! You and Rose have gotten me threw some really crappy days. Thank you for the last comment you put on my blog, I needed it! I hate who I have become, my husband doesn't always like me, it has put such a strain on out marriage but don't get me wrong it is still really good and I am so very blessed. He is an awesome man. I just wish I was the happy person I used to be :)
    Thanks for everything.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi CJ, I found you from comments you left on Lynn-Marie and Naddya's blogs. I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting, Rochelle! I so appreciate comments left about my blog--makes me feel like I am not just talking to myself! Though this blog has proved to be cathartic. I have a T shirt that says "Freud would have a field day"--I believe reading my blog and listening to me babble would totally fit the bill.

    Thanks again for stopping by,

    me,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. CJ!

    Thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog... that was so very kind.

    I was just telling my husband yesterday how writing my blog is so much more meaningful knowing that other people actually read it and like it. It's the best feeling in the world. It's the best medicine for me!

    Thank you for making me day...
    Tamiko

    ReplyDelete