Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Medicine, menopause, and monsoon...

Do they do botox in your scalp? Really -- I am in need of HELP! Perspiring excessively from the head runs in my family -- my mother's side (thanks, Mom!). I began to do so when I was about 19 or so. It is not only uncomfortable, it is humiliating. Snicker, snicker, with a smile: "Are you okay?" "What happened?" "What's wrong with you?""Is it raining?" Me (embarrassed, mortified, fed up (with the sweating and the comments): "Its just me." "I'm fine. Its just they way I am."

Now, with all of the medications I am taking and this damn menopause (that they don't warn you lasts f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!) and the newly arriving monsoons with the accompanying humidity I look like I just stepped out of the shower from the moment I step out of the shower. It seems to get worse every day. Honestly, I cannot walk cross the room without working (??) up a sweat. I am miserable. And, I am moving to New Orleans in the near future. I am gonna die there. I am going to melt away like the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. Except they won't need to light me on fire. I will spontaneously combust! Actually I don't think I will make it to NOLA, I will melt away here in the desert monsoons.

Sorry, just had to bitch. I am soaked to the bone, hurt clear through to my bones, and I am bone tired. Again, I am miserable. Poor, poor pitiful me.

me,
CJ

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great that we inherit such wonderful traits from our moms? You got sweating and I got a lousy thyroid. At least you sweat.....I get heat stroke because I don't sweat. I get so hot and there is no way to release it. I would hate it from the makeup point of view. Do you think the botox would work?? There has got to be something that could help you. Maybe we should work on a shampoo, conditioner or spray for hair that would minimize sweating. We could make a bundle!

    I still get hot flashes and I started this menopause crap about 8 years ago. It never does go away. Oh yes, I got the mood swings but I think I've really had those all my life. ( lol)

    I do worry so much about Nawlins and how you'll feel. I hate the humidity and we are starting monsoon season. Great, huh?

    Thanks for being you sweetie! It means so much to me!

    xoxo my friend.

    ReplyDelete