Thursday, April 15, 2010

No pain, no gain...BS!!!

So, I started physical therapy yesterday. Actually, I was "evaluated" for physical therapy. I guess I passed because I was given exercises to do at the end of the appointment. They do not call it Pain and Torture for nothing. I had high hopes for this therapy (I have had PT many times in the past for various things) because there was actually a place on the Health History that had a box for Fibromyalgia! Right in there with High Blood Pressure, Allergies/Asthma! First time I have seen that. So, here I am thinking, "This is great, they will recognize that Fibro people have a different pain tolerance than other people." WRONG! "'Hurts' does not equal damage." HA! You want to see me today and see what damage you caused yesterday?

This PT is not for Fibro. No, I am collecting other "ills" just because the Fibro alone is not enough. This is for PTTD--I tore the hell out of, basically ruptured the MD thinks-- the posterior tendon in my right foot. That would be the one that does the bulk of the work for things like...walking. Which I can not do right now. Not without great pain that is. This is not helping the Fibro at all.

I see a new neurologist next week. I believe he is the sixth. Why do I not have a good feeling about this?

Later,
me,
CJ, in time

No comments:

Post a Comment