Monday, May 10, 2010

There, but for the grace of God...

I was reading another Fibro blog -- A Patient's Perspective on Fibromyalgia -- and she was talking about the effects of stress on fibro symptoms. How timely. I am a new blogger so not many follow my blog. Those that do are the cream of the crop, though! Anyway, I haven't written anything in almost two weeks. Did ya miss me? The effects of stress got to me. Big time!

I have, since February, been dealing with repairs on my house, needed due to the three leaks found in my roof--plus the ensuing mold. It is amazing how much mold we can grow in the desert. Since the discovery of these leaks I have had infernal machines running 24/7 x 90 some days, various forms and all manner of destruction in order to restructure, all manner of handymen in and out of the house, and all manner of "we also found..." or "this needs to be done before we can even begin to look at...". This nightmare began approximately one month after my husband packed up and moved out of state to take a new job. The plan was for me to follow after the house was sold. I figure at the rate we are going I will be joining him sometime in the year 2012.

During this same time, actually since December, I have been trying to get someone, anyone, to figure out what is wrong with my right foot that makes it nigh on to impossible for me to walk. You know another problem about having fibro? Now, any pain I have is chalked up to fibro (or the peripheral neuropathy). Well folks now four months later, No, it’s not the Fibro or the neuropathy, it is a ruptured tendon in my arch. Now starts the PT.

So my life has been hammering, sawing, stomping five days a week. Infernal machines 24/7 seven days a week. PT two days a week, sprinkled with an assortment of doctor appointments ("You need to exercise.") generally one a week.

I snapped under the pressure. And, I have MISSED you guys! But, I couldn't bring myself to write. What a wimp. Rose had her appendix taken out and she's still writing! Gees! But, the kicker was a Mother's Day story in our paper about a family of five who have been living in an old school bus since February, a step up from the month they had lived in their van, since they became homeless. And, the mother was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Can you imagine? This week a program here, for homeless children, is moving them into an apartment and will help the dad find a job. Can I get an Amen? AMEN!

So, I am thankful for my leaking roof, because I have a roof. I am thankful for the noise and the handymen, because we can afford to fix our home. I am thankful that my husband is living out of state, because he now, after nine months of unemployment, has a job.

I have two fantastic children that make me proud, make me laugh; make me feel loved every day. I am in a flare of all flares, didn't do a thing but watch a marathon of Eureka on the Syfy channel with my son ( my daughter is married and lives out of state), but I had a great Mother's Day!

me
CJ, in time

Rose, I am so glad to hear you are okay. Don't try and come back too fast---TAKE CARE of yourself!!! HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, by the way, where are moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie........that's the beauty of friendship. No judgments! Me?? I write to keep sane. Trust me, I whine, bitch, moan and complain with the best of them! HOW IS YOUR FOOT???? It figures they thought it was neuropathy. I think they probably thought you were neurotic again and assigned a label. Unreal!

    You're right. We should be thankful. There are people out there a lot worse than we are. Pain screws with your head and the stress of all of it makes you snap. Glad your mommy's day was great!

    Take care!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! It's so nice that you are able to find the positive... I can totally relate to how you feel...

    Find the blessings in your life and you will continue to LIVE.

    Take care!! Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete