Monday, May 24, 2010

Progressive Dinner

So it seems I have been neglecting my blog here. I didn't realize it had been so long since I have posted. I have been reading blogs and responding to them throughout week. I guess I have been wordy in my responses because it feels as though I have written several posts!

It dawned on me today -- I have several new friends! We have wonderful, meaningful, fun conversations, my friends and I. It just happens to be over the internet! How I would love for all of us to get together for dinner! And then I thought, we do in a way. We have progressive dinners. You know where you have appetizers at one persons house, and then salad and/or soup at the next, followed by the entree at the third house, and ending with dessert at the last. We read each others posts and comment and move to the next, and so on and so forth. What a magnificent group of friends I have!

Thank you, friends, for coming into my life. I have needed you and now I have you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Fondly,
me
CJ

7 comments:

  1. Hi CJ,
    I lost my first comment. I'm having trouble using my open ID and wordpress to post comments outside of wordpress.
    I wanted to tell you I wrote to you on my blog, in response to your kind and loving comment.
    Thank you CJ. I'm glad you started this blog! I feel better today. My friend's service is not until Thursday.
    With warm hugs to you,
    Miss Dogkisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie....what a great idea! I love the idea of the progressive dinner. One house we can get muscle relaxers, the next heating pads, the next pain medication, the next comfy pillows.......

    You are wonderful! Thank you....this is a great group we have here!

    If you are ever in Vegas...you're welcome to pull up a chair and vent anytime!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey at my house we can have pain meds, muscle relaxers too.....:)maybe we can find someone to give us all massasges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ-- I'd like to have a seat at this table for sure. I could bring just about anything we needed except for someone to give us a massage, although I do have a really cute new neighbor who has offered to do things like put up a dog fence, so he might give us massages. What a great time it would be.
    I hope you are doing okay CJ.
    hugs and dogkisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY CJ...........WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here--chaotic, crazy week! I will write more later. It is 3:50 in the morning here and I have seen too many of this wee early (actually, way late!)time of day this past week.

    I haven't read any blogs yet--I hope you are all well and Lynn-Marie, your mom is much improved.

    Thanks ladies, for being there -- helps me get through these long days knowing you are out there.

    Hugs,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to say how much I enjoyed your responses to my idea of the Progressive Dinner! What a GREAT time we would have!

    Oh, if it were only so!!!!!

    Love and hugs,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete